1 reply to this topic

#1 Honyuk96

Honyuk96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted Today, 06:22 PM

Hi guys and gals. Haven't put anything up in a while and I hope this fly is ok in this forum. I've been concentrating on classic Atlantic salmon flies of late but was feeling like I needed a bit of a break to recharge. I have so many great materials for other types of flies I enjoy tying, so that's where I'm at. I really enjoy dees and speys, and the Quillayute is one I'd never done before. This is Wentworths dressing and it's accurate to a T. Upon reflection, I feel like I could've used a smaller hook. At any rate, this is a fishing fly, not meant to look pretty but rather to move well in the water and hopefully entice a big chrome steelhead. Hope everyone's doing well. Comments/critiques welcomed.
31CAF91D-BD2B-4660-A6E2-6E01D6C07A7A_zps

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,655 posts

Posted Today, 08:05 PM

Dear MATT,

Ah for me its fine YOU 'launch' her HERE ...but I would had launched her nonetheless in the Classic and Artistic Salmon Flytying forum...as it is a 'fly' to catch SILVER ...

Looks damned good ...not to say 'super'

Love flies with 'heron' and and and even more flies showing  RED BREAST feathers of a GOLDEN PHEASANT ....also the ocker ones of the GP breast are one of my favorit feathers ...or a mix of the two red and ocker

Geert

PS...and if I should search good I have still a handfull 'more'...pstttttttttt and even the freestyle salmon fly I will bring tomorrow on the other front bears 'ocker' GP breast feather in her !!! that 'one' is as good as ready hahahahahahahahaha.....

psttttttttttttttt Matt and I don't want to 'take over' Your input here...ah it does just good to my inner to see that tyers are using this wonderful GP breast feathers

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013