#1 jimmy10

jimmy10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:44 AM

Attached File  DSCF3775.JPG   53.58K   27 downloads

Trial run on a large hook after my recent argument with concrete steps -- and to keep me out of the slackers club !!

Jimmy.

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,426 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

Dear JIMMY,

Nice to see YOU 'peeping up' again FLIES from Your vise !!! hahahaha...ah realy it does fine to see Your shoulder is again 'intact' and premits YOU to 'BOBBIN' thread and feathers on a hook !!!

It's a lovely fly...and it has enough to seduce any but then any trout (be it stillwater (loch, lough, lake, reservoir...be it would be on a river)...

What did YOU use for the 'throath ? (woodcock ?)

pstttttttttt must presume that this fly is a 'own' pattern with classical notes...as I didn't found it in  'TROUT AND SALMON FLIES' by MALONE...neither in 'VENIARDS 500 FLY DRESSINGS'...neither in Peter O'Reilly his book 'FLIES OF IRELAND', neither in BARRY GREWCOCK his 'FLY DRESSERS GUIDE TO CLASSIC SALMON AND SEA TROUT FLIES'...and neither in that big friend of mine RAY BERGMAN his book 'TROUT' (hahahahaha yes Bergman I call a friend 'in time' psttttttttttt but don't tell this to anybody ...especially DD)

CONTINUE...yes Your 'break' is over !!! FINISHED

press stop !

Geert

a

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#3 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Jimmy
My thoughts on the lovely fly align with Heert. It is amazing that he has moments when he's lucid enough to make such delightful observations. And then something gets fouled up - fowl in Geert's case, I'm afraid - and the poor old Belgian cop skips off into lala land again.
Very good that your shoulder is healed and to see this fly.
dd
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com

#4 jimmy10

jimmy10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Hi Geert, just came out as you see it,a one off! the throat is Guinea fowl hackle 3 turns wound as a collar,the wing is Peacock wing quill dyed orange.

Jimmy.