#1 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,619 posts

Posted Today, 09:42 AM

Dear MEMBERS,

Hello to everybody ...it's allmost noon and I am on train drinking a little glass...and above all that... the sun is shining 'uphere' !!!...

In between my 'painting' sessions and a bit yesterday evening (there is longer day light now... I tied this two 'morsels')...

They are/where not so so demanding...and their 'endlook' says for ME personally that  they can do good 'work' when putted on a cast and fished !!!

As allways I was a bit playing with feather bits laying around or a feather who was tapping in my eyes...

Here the start of this fly was a 'OLD old ' feather of a FEMAL PEACOCK...a  blemished and dried up femal peacock feather who was standing in a 'feather pot' in OUR cellar !...took her 'upstairs' and said that I want to use in my tail and in my underwing...the rest followed again ...with a bit of fluff of a green swan base feather wich I putted also in the tail and the underwing....................body is green highlander Turkey herls ribbed with a two times doubled and twisted piece of 'micro' gold tinsel from UNI...

and as that 'grey(ish) grizzly/brown femal peaock feather was on...I felt that putting on a a 'grizzly' bodyhackle would be a good idea and going togheter..........the rest a slip of blue macaw for my headwing over the peacock and GH fluff (underwing) and ready my "POWER DIVER's" where !!!

ENJOY and yes I LOVE YOU ALL and seeking YOU on sunday with that promised classic (again still not a clue of what for 'one' I will tie ...realy !)

Geert

PS ...and a firm thanks to all the reposters on my "PLAIN GREEN"...yes it is so much appreciated by me to read them...

PS ...gift YOU also still a photo of the plucked empty femal peacock feather I used for the tail and underwing

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,619 posts

Posted Today, 09:44 AM

Dear Members,

and still this ...the macaw headwing is 'here' again 'set' in reverse !!!...but I am sure YOU will all have noticed that in the meanwhile ! wink !

Geert

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#3 Tidal

Tidal

Val Kropiwnicki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted Today, 10:13 AM

Ooh that's nice Geert.