#1 conrad

conrad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:32 PM

Starting to practice for my trout fin plate
Wing collapsed a little and a bit long, I did not have grey schlappen for throat but I think it will fish.

Attached Files

Tony Conrad

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,592 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:13 AM

Dear TONY,

That's talking to come in again in full glory !!! hahahaa...yes full glory with posting such a lovely 'classic'...

The "TROUT FIN" serie will allways be a JOY to 'look at' (for me...and I am sure everyone with a heart such flies ...a la 'Bergman')...

YOU did so well here !!!...BRAVO !!!

Allways wellcome ...whenever YOU are or feel ready...or have something to vieuw 'overhere'.   Hope things go well at home !!!

Geert...

PS...seems/looks a damned 'sharp' hook toooooooooo hahahaha

PS...sometimes I am using a nice soft feather of a 'HOODED CROW' to come to a nice 'grey'...or or or ofcourse my beloved 'grey' HERON...or or or simply  a 'GREY DUN HEN cape' (indifferent natural or dyed dun/grey...) or dying simply Yourself a 'cheap creamy/white indian/chinese cock cape YOU try to obtain/buy in the future...

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#3 ted patlen

ted patlen

marstons mills, massachusetts....cape cod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

there is no "need" for schlappen for the throat or collar, unless that is what you want to use

Bergman was a commercial tyer who used the webbier hackles of his dry fly necks for his wets.  

For the wing, try using the tip sections of the goose shoulder feather.  it is thicker and has a blunter tip.  you may see a difference when setting the wing.

#4 conrad

conrad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:30 AM

Thank you so much, off to the shop tomorrow
Tony Conrad