• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Real pretty fly

Ursula-S.jpg

Phlies and Photos
The Ninja Fly Tier

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley. ~Author Unknown

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

Dear JIM,

psttttt it seems that Your 'FARLOW's' book is shafting YOU 'EVERYTHING' for the moment !!!...and with reasons 'my friend' !!!

Indeed a super lively COLORFULL pattern......'summer' even I see in this particular pattern...

speaking of 'summer' and this 'pattern'.....when I came to it in the 'book' ...the name URSULA...well it reminded me at that 'sexy' SWISS actrice : URSULLA ANDRESS (euh ofcourse in 'her' GLORY PERIOD...but yes we doesn't come younger anymore tooooooooo hahahahahahaa

A very lovely fly JIM...and as YOU brought over with Your own words ...and the words in the book ...a VERY PRETTY FLY !!!...amen !!!

Geert

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#3 Flynewbrunswick

Flynewbrunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:14 AM

FIrst glance at this pattern I had to tie it aswell .Will tie it 1 more time without the front hackle as displayed in photo.  Great Job!. Has the resemblance of a few patterns mashed together ( Torrish, Dewdrop)

Chris

#4 Jim_Montgomery

Jim_Montgomery

Vero Beach, FL USA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:08 AM

As I said follow the leader. Yea I was kinda up in the air on the hackle. Text says one thing, photo another. Comparing the two I think the hackle balances it a little better.

Phlies and Photos
The Ninja Fly Tier

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley. ~Author Unknown