ClassicFlyTying.com Sponsors
Hand Made Salmon Hooks
Ronn Lucas, Sr.
www.ronnlucassr.com
(503)654-0466
ronn@ronnlucassr.com

Photo

TWO 'duo's of some of my recent 'Creative GEWE WET flies'...and ONE I tied in 'hand' on a boat during a 'one fly competion' (I had lost my fly !)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

Dear FRIENDS,

See here still 'TWO' duo's of my CREATIVE GEWE WET FLIES...wich I tied this last couple of weeks.......aswell one 'wet' fly I tied IN HAND on a boat, yes IN HAND and on a boat ...and this during a 'ONE FLY COMPETITION on our little lake we hire on a yearly basis...yes I had lost my fly after a 'hour' (but I had forseen to put a sparse amount of flytyingmaterials in my 'fishing gear bag' (ofcourse not my vise)...

ENJOY !!!

Geert

PS....sorry had to 'crimp' the most of the photo's again...last photo is that fly I tied in had on the right (wich I had wetted allready) and pictured aside a small salmon fly (a fly I tied a day or two afterwards at home with allmost the same materials who went on that wet fly I had tied in 'hand on the boat')  

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#2 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:00 PM

Lovely Geert, the kingfisher looks fine wet

Stephen

#3 SBPatt

SBPatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:56 AM

Geert,

Beautiful flies; thanks for sharing. Always great to see what you come up with.

Regards,
Scott

#4 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:56 AM

Dear STEPHEN AND SCOTT,

Thanks for Your 'both' lovely lines of admiration and respect !!!....hope things go well for YOU 'both'

psttttttttt SCOTT...in the second 'pair' of flies ...one of the flies was tied with 'aftershaftfeathers' of a GP breastfeather for the WING...

#5 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:59 AM

Scott,

Here a better photo of 'how many went on'  hahahahahaha 

Geert

Attached Files

#6 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:54 AM

They really "pop" Geert, & as very often the case with your patterns I expect the fish will be queuing up for them, if not fighting as if it were "Black Monday" (or whatever it is)

#7 Torrishpale

Torrishpale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:24 AM

Whats not to like.

Giles

#8 thinkingredneck

thinkingredneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:00 AM

Do you have any videos on YouTube? I would love to see how you do what you do!

#9 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

Dear RINGNECK,

Unfortunatly NO I don't have tubes or video's...

Just a little book in English who was published and directed by Dale DARLING ...and this around my 'Creative GEWE Wet flies' I tie and have tied !!!...there are a huge amount of pictures in it...and some SBS's tooo ...

The little book is STILL obtainable 'via' ....RIVER FORK PRESS (owned by Dale Darling)...so am sure when YOU make contact via the Email adress ...YOU still can get 'our' book

This book appeared in the beginning of 2017 ...and was the 'fruit' between that wonderful FRIENDSHIP me and Dale have builded up since years !!!...we are both very proud on this lovely little book !!!

Geert

PS...with the FACEBOOK and his 'Groups' in full swing...I am to find there too...it's difficult for me to still come in a whole whole lot overhere...but I can't let this SITE (who have me and others a huge amount of satisfaction and happyness and FRIENDS) LET GO DOWN !!!...so I will hang on ...untill it 'florish up' again a bit !!!

PS...See here a photo of the front and back cover of the book by DALE and myself 

Attached Files

#10 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

2 thumbs up on Geerts book. I have read it about 3 times and still have no idea how he does it. My 2 cents for anyone wondering

Stephen