Kevin

#22 dave08

dave08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

the sad thing is it was since some of his more extreme actions against dave carne we haven't really seen dc on the forum.it's sickening to think that we coulda lost a very talented tyer and someone so valuable to the forum from wet diaper.

David Elzea

#23 Robert Verkerk

Robert Verkerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Dave Carne is my hero. For me, the most beautiful flies I've seen. Last thing I read, was that he was hospitalised. He'll be back.

#24 BCBound

BCBound

Scott Norris, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hospitalised? I hate to hear that.

I'll be putting good thoughts and prayers your way DC.

Scott Norris

The sunken pool is nice and cool....

#25 Chris Knox

Chris Knox

Chris Knox- London, England

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Dave was sick of all the crap from a few of the members (SwingWet and the aussie guy etc)- read his last post.... :(

"Why fish for tinsel when you can fish for gold ?"- Frank Sawyer on the subject of Grayling

#26 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

can someone verify if dave really had to be hospitalized, man I hope he's ok

he was in the forum today but had not heard he was sick

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#27 Robert Verkerk

Robert Verkerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

This what I was referring to:

http://www.classicfl...showtopic=48045

Dave replied there that he was working on his book. From the way the thread was written, the procedure seems insignificant, but not without risk. I don't know anything about it.

#28 BCBound

BCBound

Scott Norris, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Ah, ok.  This is a pretty old post.

Scott Norris

The sunken pool is nice and cool....

#29 flyryan

flyryan

Ryan Houston

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

https://www.buyfeathers.co.uk/

i bought feathers from this crowd in january part of the order was for a silver pheasant tail they marked it " to follow in 7 days" as you can see its now half ways through April and it still aint here i did phone them in march and found their customer care to be atrocious they never replied to emails but when i got them on the phone they assured me they were replying to them as we spoke, (i never received a reply) i asked when i could expect my tail they told me that it was in the airport as we spoke and as soon as the package was cleared i would have it  3 days to a fortnight they said, fine i said can you just confirm that i have made the enquiry, ok they replied, they never once asked me for my name or contact details or order details just kept saying it would be posted out to me, i asked her who i was? what do you mean she replied, i said well if you dont know who i am how can you expect to know who or where to post it to? in the end i had to force her to write down my name and details  i am still waiting on my tail and have never been contacted by them

tomorrow i will phone again

the feathers i did get from them were ok for the money but the skins were very dirty and full of maggot casings required a lot of cleaning and fell apart when wet but still good enough value for the feathers on them however if your order goes wrong dont expect anyone there to care about sorting it out for you

Ryan Houston

to see the rest of the flies i have tied just visit  facebook page and browse my photos or galleries

https://www.facebook.com/Classic-FLIES-A-Z-766762363375794/

https://youtu.be/g8qFgPJD00c

https://www.facebook.com/RyanHoustonSalmonTroutAndPikeFlies?ref=hl

#30 BSH

BSH

Bogdan Shivrinskiy St.Petersburg, Russia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Thanks, Ryan! I was thinking to order something from them one day, but now I know I'd better not do this.

Cheers,
Bogdan Shivrinskiy

www.facebook.com/b.shivrinskiy

#31 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

I inadvertently typed something onto the "Good Feedback" page that belongs here...so I will begin again.

I don't know if this actually qualifies as bad feedback...but...on March 27, 2014 I ordered the Gold CFT Supporter Package for $120.00. Seemed like a good idea for the site...which I frequent regularly. Since then I have received 2 emails from Green Caddis Outfitters (GCO) asking me to review the things I was suppose to get for my support. Problem...nothing has been received. I have emailed them several times, and not one reply!!! I don't know if anyone else has had this problem over this deal, or with these people...but I know I am not happy with these folks at all !!!!!!!!!

George

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#32 S FONTINALIS

S FONTINALIS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

I inadvertently typed something onto the "Good Feedback" page that belongs here...so I will begin again.

I don't know if this actually qualifies as bad feedback...but...on March 27, 2014 I ordered the Gold CFT Supporter Package for $120.00. Seemed like a good idea for the site...which I frequent regularly. Since then I have received 2 emails from Green Caddis Outfitters (GCO) asking me to review the things I was suppose to get for my support. Problem...nothing has been received. I have emailed them several times, and not one reply!!! I don't know if anyone else has had this problem over this deal, or with these people...but I know I am not happy with these folks at all !!!!!!!!!

George
You're not alone

#33 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

You're not alone

Eunan...Something told me that was the case. I'm hoping the powers that be on this site can do something about this...George

Petri Heil,

George

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#34 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

George

I wish to add something to my comments. The goodies I didn't receive aren't the big deal...although I did get hosed. The important thing is...did the web site receive any of what I was lead to believe was some financial assistance out of my $120.00 that went to Green Caddis Outfitters? Something makes me suspect possibly not. Sad it has to be this way.

George

Petri Heil,

George

#35 Chris Knox

Chris Knox

Chris Knox- London, England

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

Did a quick google- maybe this helps (?)

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74901#

"Why fish for tinsel when you can fish for gold ?"- Frank Sawyer on the subject of Grayling

#36 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I looked at the link you sent, and I'm happy for Mr. Ward, but that changes nothing about my $120.00. The owner and operator of this site I recently learned is the guy who owns and operates GCO. As long as this website benefitted from the money...good enough...and I'll just cross it off as a learning experience.

Petri Heil,

George

#37 the_fish_and_the_fly

the_fish_and_the_fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

I really haven't had the best deal with Matt Inman. I asked for one bag of wood duck and how much the postage would be to the UK. He said, "I'll check in the morning". So I waited. Eventually it got to Sunday so I asked whether he had the estimate. He said, "I wasn't able to check on friday, I'll have a look on Monday." It's now Friday week 2. I am STILL waiting, even after I sent another message asking whether he had got The estimate on Thursday. I'd imagine you could get a postage estimate in the space of a week!!!