My soul belongs to my flies

#2 TJ Hall

TJ Hall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Nope, not yet! But i've heard some horror stories unfortunately.

#3 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

yep, me too, i want to know about them

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family

#4 flyryan

flyryan

Ryan Houston

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

i bought this lot based on what was in the little green tray on the left it arrived within a day really good postal service however the gut eyed flies were missing i contacted him and he said he leaves his wife to do the packing and she informs him she might not have been 100%, he claimed to have 2 identical trays and i must have got contents of the other tray, i replied that it was funny i had the really badly tied orange muddler and the other abberaitions so his wife must have been very selective in what she chose not to send me specifically the 2 rangers and a john fergusen and one other unknown and that he should forward me the flies immediately as an ebay ended auction is a legally binding agreement and selectively removing items because you dont get what you expected for them is illegal , he said unfortunately he couldnt as he had sold them at a car boot sale (all in the space of about 48 hours,, very suspicious), i said that as they were legally mine he should forward me the proceeds of the sale he shut up for a while so i opened a case against him demanding full refund plus return post as i refused to be out of pocket for his illegal actions, he eventually agreed i returned items in the same packaging he sent them in he waited until the day where you can escalate the ebay claim and he refunded minus postage which automatically closed the case (i feel this is a shortcoming on ebays side in part as you should not stand the cost of return postage for a sellers shortcomings it may not be a lot of money but its a matter of principle )
anyway i sent him several messages asking for the cost of postage as agreed between us and now the prick replies that the packaging i returned the items in was innadequate (it was the one he sent it to me in) and as a result the edges of the mallochs box have had some paint flaking so the value of it has been reduced and he can send both myself and ebay pictures of this so he can claim damages off me for damage to this very expensive box which he will now list as damaged goods and have to accept a much reduced price for, he said he was very saddened by the whole event and he doesnt know who to trust on ebay any more
i know who not to trust... stampy1969 i left him appropriate feedback as a liar a thief and a cheat and reported him to ebay however i would really have preferred to punch him in the face so when he relists this stuff be carefull with your bids

Ryan Houston

to see the rest of the flies i have tied just visit  facebook page and browse my photos or galleries

https://www.facebook.com/Classic-FLIES-A-Z-766762363375794/

https://youtu.be/g8qFgPJD00c

https://www.facebook.com/RyanHoustonSalmonTroutAndPikeFlies?ref=hl

#5 angler andrew

angler andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

i bought this lot based on what was in the little green tray on the left it arrived within a day really good postal service however the gut eyed flies were missing i contacted him and he said he leaves his wife to do the packing and she informs him she might not have been 100%, he claimed to have 2 identical trays and i must have got contents of the other tray, i replied that it was funny i had the really badly tied orange muddler and the other abberaitions so his wife must have been very selective in what she chose not to send me specifically the 2 rangers and a john fergusen and one other unknown and that he should forward me the flies immediately as an ebay ended auction is a legally binding agreement and selectively removing items because you dont get what you expected for them is illegal , he said unfortunately he couldnt as he had sold them at a car boot sale (all in the space of about 48 hours,, very suspicious), i said that as they were legally mine he should forward me the proceeds of the sale he shut up for a while so i opened a case against him demanding full refund plus return post as i refused to be out of pocket for his illegal actions, he eventually agreed i returned items in the same packaging he sent them in he waited until the day where you can escalate the ebay claim and he refunded minus postage which automatically closed the case (i feel this is a shortcoming on ebays side in part as you should not stand the cost of return postage for a sellers shortcomings it may not be a lot of money but its a matter of principle )
anyway i sent him several messages asking for the cost of postage as agreed between us and now the prick replies that the packaging i returned the items in was innadequate (it was the one he sent it to me in) and as a result the edges of the mallochs box have had some paint flaking so the value of it has been reduced and he can send both myself and ebay pictures of this so he can claim damages off me for damage to this very expensive box which he will now list as damaged goods and have to accept a much reduced price for, he said he was very saddened by the whole event and he doesnt know who to trust on ebay any more
i know who not to trust... stampy1969 i left him appropriate feedback as a liar a thief and a cheat and reported him to ebay however i would really have preferred to punch him in the face so when he relists this stuff be carefull with your bids

One of the reasons I hate Ebay,theres too many folk doing things like this,ive only used Ebay a handful of times and ive had two cases that left me wityh a bad taste in my mouth,I sold a dome with a perfect Pompadour cotinga in alongside Paradise tanagers and hummers and really I should have had the guts to put it on at a few pound starting price instead of having a reserve,guess what the dome sold on reserve and immiedetly I had a bad feeling about it as it was pick up only and the buyer was a lady for london.

A week went by and then she promised to pick up on a certain day which made me cut my holiday short,rushing back from Lakeland like an idiot knowing full well she would'nt be there,and guess what? she wasnt.
This bollocks went on for a while before I asked her if you couldnt afford to buy it and travel then why did you bid?
Back to Ryans point I was not going to stand the sellers fees for something Id not sold,in the end she told me she'd had an iviction notice and may have nowhere to live(all the while having other stuffed birds on ebay herself)

I remember thinking if I give her bad feedback could she have done the same to me who had'nt done nothing wrong,in the end I explained to her that I was going to tell Ebay and my funds were given back but it put me off relisting it as folk would of been dubious.

Ryan the boot sale story is just silly,fact is Gut flies have gone through the roof and they expexted far more than what you paid,very sad as its these little cheap speccy lots that make the Ebay thing enjoyable,if the owner has already sieved through the lot then its a real bummer.

Surely Re Ebay they dont have a leg to stand on as the stuff was in the pic.

Andrew.

PS Beware not just of Ebay but dodgy Guys pretending to be real Gentlemen and then taking your money for materials promised,Ill mention no name butthis is the lowest of the low and can make one feel like its rife when infact its about 1 to 2% of our flytying community.
another possible inductee into the slackers club

#6 wsbailey

wsbailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

On Jan 5, 2013 Tony George (Swingwet) ordered two bottles of my Japan black. I made the mistake of sending it to him before receiving payment. On February 12 he stopped reading my PM's. I know that I will never see the money. I just want to warn others not to have anything to do with him. Bill

#7 wsbailey

wsbailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

He's a liar too:

Swingwet, on 18 Jan 2013 - 18:21, said:

Okay Bill Thx.Payment is on its way.

Swingwet, on 12 Feb 2013 - 02:06, said:

Checked my paypal after I got your message. It says that the payment is pending? Messaged paypal about it cause it shouldn't be doing that. Never had this happen before. Waiting for a reply from them.

Wish you had messaged me earlier, no worries we'll get er dealt with.

#8 Robert Verkerk

Robert Verkerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

There's an old saying: no money, no honey. People like this are a dime a dozen.

#9 ZiaFly

ZiaFly

Taos, NM USA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

I had a deal go bad while dealing with Mr Tony "Swingwet".  I had sent him some free feathers a while back to help him out.  He was new to the forum, and seemed genuinely in need.  Usually I consider myself a good judge of character, but I guess I was wrong this time.  I am one of the "terrorists" from the south who helped him out when he called for help.  I should've known that I was wasting good feathers when I headed to the post office that day. 

Someone please get rid of this swine...

Spencer

"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."

~by Alfred W. Miller~

#10 DaveT

DaveT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

You didn't need two bottles. One would do the trick. Bottoms up!
"Goin' home, goin' home, by the waterside I will rest my bones.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."

#11 BCBound

BCBound

Scott Norris, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I guess when he's (Swingwet) Canadian? That's unfortunate, what a poor representation.

It's always a good idea to make threats on a public forum. Smart man.
Scott Norris

The sunken pool is nice and cool....

#12 Robert Verkerk

Robert Verkerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just ignore him. Let's hope he stays away. Cheap guy.

#13 Speyfly89

Speyfly89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

I agree with scott what a bad representation of canada what a shame.
"The swing is the thing, the tug is the drug" unknown source

Kevin

#14 dave08

dave08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

let's hope this scumbag get's kicked off the forum.

David Elzea

#15 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

it's being taken care of now

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#16 TroutBum

TroutBum

Father Time is my brother

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ya that was awesome.I can't believe Bill sent that to me.2 bottles...enough for my lifetime.

It is a wonderful thing when I get the opportunity to screw over a resident of the terrorist country to the south.If you vote you support worldwide terrorism.

Knox if I ever run into you on a river you'll be in a world of hurt son.

BCBound pull your lips off all these asses on here and ACTUALLY say something worthy of typing.

Thank-you to those who have TRULY helped me.Forever grateful.

and don't worry about Carne he'll be back when he adapts to his new medication.Keep up those weekly visits mentalhead

good-bye bitches

Nice, this guy is a thief and proud of it.

"“The longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize something is f****d up.” - George Carlin

#17 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

if anyone could tell me if this turd will be at a show somewhere. I would gladly buy a ticket, fly up there , lose a couple days of my life but gladly pretend the floor would be any river he wishes it to be and see just how much hurtin he would get in front of the whole crowd.

as most of you would know, most people we run into in our lives who act like this are usually cowards. mommas boys who lack the ass whopping they should have gotten from their daddys long ago. sad thing about the internet is that these turds can do things like this and live in their reclusive little world pretending their somebody when all along we know what they really are

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#18 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

for those who have pm'ed me about this , swingwethisdiaper has been banned

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#19 Robert Verkerk

Robert Verkerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Well done. Protect the vibe we've got going.

#20 Chris Knox

Chris Knox

Chris Knox- London, England

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yeah glad this is sorted :). Don't think many people were keen on this guy, thinking back to the tutorial based system he tried and failed to set up....plus his often radical comments to the likes of Dave Carne and other well intentioned members. Thankfully we've only had this happen a handful of times- these guys ALWAYS end up showing their true colours at some point. 

Cheers Bud and everyone else involved. 

"Why fish for tinsel when you can fish for gold ?"- Frank Sawyer on the subject of Grayling