9 replies to this topic

#1 Nice One

Nice One

Sven Axelsson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi All. Here are some greetings from a sunny Aberdeen (at least right now).
My fishing in the River Spey on Thursday was ruined by very bad weather condition, rain, hail and half storm made ​​it almost impossible to fish in a sensible way.

On Friday morning me and Mike went to Don, after we fished for a few hours I was lucky enough to hook one of the 10 pounders. (You should not be worried now Mike, I will not tell them what happened after that ..... not yet anyway hahahaha)

Our plan was to fish Don later in the evening but a heavy rain up in the hills did Don full of crap and not possible to fish. As planned John met up on Saturday and we were a little disappointed that river not had got cleared up so we could go fishing as planned. It would appear that it was not until late in the afternoon before we could start our fishing so Mike suggested we pass the time with some handtying in the fishing hut and what could be more classic in than that.

In the evening, John and I had time, however, with a moment of salmon fishing while Mike was too busy to serve us with coffee and other goodies. I had a 'dangler' but otherwise it was not much that happened in the pool except some sea trout which vaulted into the surface a few times.

It was the first time John and I met in real life and I really hope you had as nice time as me under your (too) short stay John. Unfortunately, I had time only to look at a few of the nice wee 'Bob the Builder' books that you so carefully handed over to me;) But seriously, John, thanks once again for all the wonderful stuff you gave me and I really hope that we meet again soon.

And now for Geerty 'Cooperboy' haha ... Now I can certainly understand why Mike loves this wonderful river Don. Tomorrow we go both to the 'crappy' River Dee and the Battle of Aberdeen will continue in earnest again on Tuesday.

I'm sorry for the quality of some of the pictures as they were taken with my mobile phone, River Spey unfortunately killed my best camera at thursday. R.I.P My poor Nikon

I'll might be back with more reports in the coming week.

Tight lines and All the best

Sven

Attached File  River Spey Thursday.jpg   75.04K   122 downloadsAttached File  Castle Water.jpg   79.88K   142 downloadsAttached File  Gillies Hut Gordon Castle.jpg   84.47K   152 downloadsAttached File  Fishing Hut at the Castle Beat.jpg   56.48K   168 downloadsAttached File  Inside the Fishing Hut Spey.jpg   47.98K   171 downloadsAttached File  10 Pounder Don.jpg   88.5K   165 downloadsAttached File  Mikeys Thumb and a smallie piece of the fish.jpg   59.9K   168 downloadsAttached File  John T.jpg   56.86K   172 downloadsAttached File  Mike and John handtying.jpg   62.08K   178 downloadsAttached File  The result from handtying in the fishing hut.jpg   193.98K   175 downloadsAttached File  Salmon killers.jpg   111.68K   177 downloadsAttached File  Relaxing Scotsmen.jpg   109.58K   159 downloadsAttached File  John fishing.jpg   54.67K   152 downloadsAttached File  Granholm Beat River Don Saturday.jpg   71.5K   159 downloadsAttached File  Nice Gifts from John what else can u expect from a Scotish flytyer.jpg   63.54K   172 downloads

Attached Files

#2 lukas

lukas

John Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Great day great company in a great place, Sven/MikePaul  thank you for the gifts, very nice to meet and i am sure we will again,First time for me in hand, it shows but so enjoyable and relaxing eyesight not so good but , a theraputic way to tie i enjoyed it and sure plan to do a lot more

Fish and conditions didnt oblige or our skills were not for them but one part of a great day

As ever all the guys up there a good bunch

John

Lets fish the Clyde

#3 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Looks like everyone had a good time even though there wasn't a smile seen in a single photo..........maybe almost in the last pic.

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#4 Marc LeBlanc

Marc LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Great post Sven.   I've been thinking about the trip.  Despite the less than great salmon fishing (that is salmon fishing isn't it?), it looks like you are having a grand time.

Good luck for the remainder of the trip.  I will get over there one year.

Marc 

#5 angler andrew

angler andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

Oh wow check out the Arabian!!!!! Looks beautiful up there in May and good job Sven on the 10lber in the big stone if I'm not mistaken. There's a proper fishing rod in Mikes garden somewhere,he's been using it for his sweet peas he he.
another possible inductee into the slackers club

#6 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Dear SVEN and MIKIE and KIM and JOHN...

Thanks warmheartly for this 'HALF WAY' ...ABERDEENSHIRE adventure by BOB the BUILDER from Sweden...

I am sure YOU rebuild allready for a little part the house of Mikie and Kim in the meanwhile (euh and tomorrow when it's Your birthday perhaps YOU WILL receive the permission by Your ghosts for NOT TO WORK in their house !!!

psttttttttt I am sure that tomorrow that / YOUR 'TEN POUNDER' will lay on the 'table' as a HEAD DISH...(as I am sure KIM can cook very good ...euh at least ten times as good as her husband MIKIE !hahahaha)

Once more thanks for the 'UP DATE' for the curious members (as I am part of !)...YOU hopefully DIDN'T was yet confronted with the ABERDEEN POLICE...or SCOTLAND YARD ! with the question what happend with that 'TEN POUNDER' YOU caught and how YOU caught that 'bar' of silver ...yes I know YOU have 'poaching qualities' and Your 'master' toooooo and JOHN tooooooo !!! (a bit to compare with me !!!

ONE thing my 'APPLEBLUESEAGREEN' Policeeyes spotted ...was that YOU had SUN upthere tooooooooooo allready (ah ah ah allways those complaints that there was to much rain and the water who was coloured - simple excuses IMO...as I spot the SUN...I even see MIKIE taking a sun bath on the bank !!!

Lovely flies YOU tied 'all three'....a for me 'unknown pattern' (but yes I am still very blue around my ears !)

ENOUGH talked...wishing YOU a good 'birthday' tomorrow ...and I hope YOU haven't to work in the TOWNEND HOUSE ...and kitchen ...'gravelax' and so on !!!

Geert and Nathalie (still very weak and 'psychological down') and Lieve

and please no excuses later on !!! ENJOY Yourself and the company...
Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#7 bobfly

bobfly

Bob Frandsen. East Gippsland. Victoria. Australia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

and not a wee drop to be seen !

#8 phil j

phil j

preston , lancs, uk.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Brilliant stuff sven   looking foreward to getting up there again later this year    John were did you get that contraption on your head  looks   good  

keep the reports coming

phil

#9 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Sven,

Nice to hear the report, see the pix.

Happy birthday to you! Greetings to our friends!

Dale

Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#10 lukas

lukas

John Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Phil ,ask Mike he gave it to me my eyesightcool.png   is well gone need a maglamp to see when tying at home blame the micro trout tying in years gone bye

thought you were going to ask what happened to my rod

nice to yap last night and remember re send your address so when the goodies arrivehuh.png  , will forward on to you wont be long again till Mr Carne and his party of four visit again

Accomodation booked deposit paid clock tickingbiggrin.png

Lets fish the Clyde

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handtying