5 replies to this topic

#1 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

just wanted to wish Marc and Loyd and the rest of the Moncton crew the best in leu of the Ice storm last week. Hit that side of the province hard. Pretty well shut down Miramichi City and surrounding area. Hope you guys have your power back and if you dont, I have a spare room and some moose chili and lasgna on the stove right now. 

There are 300 power crews on the Acadian Penninsula as of the other day trying to restore power so a big shout out to those guys working around the clock.

Stephen

#2 Marc LeBlanc

Marc LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hi Stephen,

I am well. Power was out for two days but we are back in business. I have a natural gas fireplace and stove so I was able to do the basics with no electricity. Two days before the ice storm though, I dislocated my shoulder. So no tying for me for awhile!! It's been a week to remember!

Glad you are well. Moose chilli and lasagna sound delicious!

Cheers,

Marc "the shoulder" LeBlanc

Attached File  IMG_2018.JPG   86.57K   42 downloads

#3 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

Glad to hear about the power but sucks about your shoulder. Did you fall? Oh, the chili and lasagna were good. lol

Stephen

#4 Flynewbrunswick

Flynewbrunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

Just got the call deploying to Acadian peninsula for 10 days to lend support

#5 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

My dear CANADIEN friends,

A 'hefty' winter so to hear 'upthere'...

We also had two full weeks minus 'zero' degreessss....but absolutly NOT to compare of what YOU tell 'us' here....realy we may feel 'happy' not to be confronted with Your severe winters and conditions that bring with......

pstttttttttt we Belgiumsssss  are more for the 'SOFT' ice cubs and also the  'warm girls' hahahahahaha

MARC sorry sorry to hear what YOU overcame...soooooooo I must believe that their is no 'work' involved either for YOU for the moment....and on otherhand are close to Your beloved A.  and the children (that is at least a good thing if it is true YOU don't have to work for the moment hahahaha)

BLESS YOU ALL and HOLD on CANADIENS....ah we know that the winter is far far from over for YOU 'upthere'..............euh for 'us BELGIUMS' the 'ice temperatures' (overday and at night) are OVER since yesterday !!!...and thus we 'have RAIN' hahahahahhaaa...yes I know fish needs water to live...even humans need water to live...

Geert and Nathalie

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#6 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Marc
Tough duty. Hope you'll let that shoulder heal up. Thinking about you and our other way to the NE friends!
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year