#61 Aileen Ellis

Aileen Ellis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

This was a great help. Thank you very much. Back to the vise! smile.gif
I'm addicted to fly-tying...road kill will never be the same.

#62 kelkay

kelkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

I loved the tutorial, however I cannot see the pictures for some odd reason.

#63 Pam Crossley

Pam Crossley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

Hi Kelkay smile.gif

I've received an email from Class Fly tying to say that you have a message for me regardng floss silks which I use and supply.

How can I help you?

Regards, Pam Crossley

#64 kelkay

kelkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Can you send me the message in pm? I do not remember the question, and that would refresh my memory.

#65 Pam Crossley

Pam Crossley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (kelkay @ Nov 3 2008, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you send me the message in pm? I do not remember the question, and that would refresh my memory.

Hi Kelkay

I could not find your orignal query but it was in connection with floss bodies! Also you could have a look at the page on fly fishing on www.fritillary.co.uk

Hope that helps jog your memory.

Pam

#66 lewy271

lewy271

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

I cannot see the pictures in this Post any suggestions.

#67 Pam Crossley

Pam Crossley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (lewy271 @ Feb 11 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot see the pictures in this Post any suggestions.

Hi lewy 271

if you visit the website www.fritillary.co.uk you will see a page dedicated to fly tying which shows coloirs of floss silk to use when making floss bodies and also a virtual gallery of flies tied with the floss silk that we use - available in 41 colopirs altogether.

Hope this helps if not email me again, Pam Crossley

#68 raven

raven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

I am haveing alot of trouble with this step of the flytying i have a couple of flies that i can see in my mind and yet i cant get the underbody to go to the cigar shape and look like i want lol and i cant see the pics from the first page of this posting so if there is anyhelp out there pls let me know thank you so very much

#69 kelkay

kelkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

Pam, I must of wanted to know where to get a source in the USA. I cannot think what else I would of asked at this time.

#70 Pam Crossley

Pam Crossley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (kelkay @ Dec 29 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pam, I must of wanted to know where to get a source in the USA. I cannot think what else I would of asked at this time.

Hi Kelkay

Our floss silks are manufactured in the UK and we do not have a distributor/wholesaler or retailer in the USA. sorry. However, we supply lots of fly fishermen in the US as we can despatch by airmail usually within 24hrs & you would normally receive the silks in 4/5 days. Prices and details can be found on www.fritillary.co.uk. If you need to convert to US$ please use the currency calculater website. Please do come back to me if you need any further info.

Pam

#71 waynev

waynev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

Attach Photos Please

#72 kelkay

kelkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Pam Crossley @ Dec 30 2009, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Kelkay

Our floss silks are manufactured in the UK and we do not have a distributor/wholesaler or retailer in the USA. sorry. However, we supply lots of fly fishermen in the US as we can despatch by airmail usually within 24hrs & you would normally receive the silks in 4/5 days. Prices and details can be found on www.fritillary.co.uk. If you need to convert to US$ please use the currency calculater website. Please do come back to me if you need any further info.

Pam

Thank you Pam. I will keep that in mind when I need some more of that type of material. I am starting to do soft hackles with floss and silks...but I haven't tied much the past month.

#73 Pam Crossley

Pam Crossley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (kelkay @ Dec 30 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Pam. I will keep that in mind when I need some more of that type of material. I am starting to do soft hackles with floss and silks...but I haven't tied much the past month.

Hi Kelkay

If it would help I could send you a few small samples to show colour and the denier which is very fine at 90. Just email me your address & I'll get them in the post to you.

Pam

#74 Bryan Wright

Bryan Wright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

FYI the pictures linked in this pinned thread are screwed up they link like this:

http:/www.flytyingforum.com/http:/www.fl...48d4bd75314.jpg

and should be like this:

http:/www.flytyingforum.com/uploads/galle...48d4bd75314.jpg

You see the difference right?

the way it is in the original post it has the beging part twice. You can see exactly what I mean if you right click on the red X where the picure should be and then click on properties.

It would be really nice of a mod could fix it I would like to read the OP as it was intended to be read.