30 replies to this topic

#21 James Daly

James Daly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:43 AM

Persuaded me out of the fold with this one, Martin. That's what I'm talkin' about!!!! No prim and proper, evenly tipped married wings. Good ol' down and dirty salmon fly tying on display here! Take notes on this one boys. This is master craftsmanship at work. That fly is screaming out the essence of the Salmon Fly!!!! Well done, sir, well done. -Jamie
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->And Jesus said unto them, "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men". <b><i>The Book of St. Mark -1:17</i></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who so ever sheds man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed. For in the image of God, made he man. <b><i>Genesis 9:6</i></b>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"There is a pleasure in angling that no one knows but the Angler himself" <b><i>-William Blacker</i></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<b>I have found, recently, that it is a good move on the flyfisherman's part to invest in a shed, garage or any other structure that is not connected to the main living quarters. Primarily as a respite, but also to quell any beatings, both verbal and physical that come from the feminine co-inhabitor. This, after finding dye, waxes and animal bi-products littered all over the kitchen, as well as the ceiling. A word to the wise.........don't use the good pots. -Jamie Daly</b>

#22 PaulR

PaulR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Martin-Thanks so much for taking the time to present us with this. I'm sure it will be a big help to a number of us. PaulR

#23 thursodog

thursodog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just found this this, fantastic! Not seen anything better m8!

Atb Chris.

#24 natet

natet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

Thank you martin this tutorial should be published!
Why do fish only eat my ugly flies?
Nate Taylor

#25 terminator

terminator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

This was very good when I tied that Popham which was my first mixed wing. Big thank you!

#26 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,245 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

test

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#27 mzilliox

mzilliox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

this is very helpful, wish I would have read it before trying my last fly... haha

#28 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just Livin' The Dream

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

I know this has been on the site a long time, but as a relative newbie I am still working my way through the the many things available to us.

This is amazing...not just the tying, but the photography as well. Remarkable work and THANK YOU Martin!!!

I will save and use this one many, many times.....

George

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#29 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

I happened to stumble across this tutorial...just joined the fray. Looking forward to contributing and the challenge of the learning curve ahead.

Great tutorial...just what the doc ordered Martin...

CC

#30 Downdaline

Downdaline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:25 PM

Marten,
Very nice easy to follow even for a newbie.
Thank you. Dave

#31 Russ d

Russ d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

That is great, tied in hand too. Totally awesome. This is why I joined this forum, to learn from guys like you. Thanks so much for taking the time to produce this. Best, Russ