• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

Hi.

Here a few more dries.

Hope you like them!

Love dd

Attached File  GS Done.JPG   21.47K   86 downloads Attached File  GS DoneDubbed.JPG   63.86K   101 downloads Attached File  GS Dubbed.JPG   31.38K   109 downloads Attached File  MayflyAdultsSix.JPG   49.54K   90 downloads

Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

Dear DALE,

Let them 'come' ...they are 'true' DRY flies...and beautyful  and well tied they ARE !!!

pstttttttttttttttttttttt Your first serie would kill well on 'our'  Belgium and the  German rivers I know...on the other hand 'not sure' they would on my beloved little river in the Northern part of France...ah I am sure  they show a nice 'floatability and a good vision' tooo in the current.....................and the other serie is soooooooooooo 'classical American styled'...love the 'mix' and color of the dubbing YOU used there in them !!!

Hope YOU feel a bit better my 'enemy of my little big heart'...give Your daily 'love' to everyone around YOU ...or who is 'crossing' Your path !!! WINK ...

Geert and Nathalie

PS...putted on still a photo of N. ...when we where over in Scotland a year or three back with my brother...STORM and RAIN who where that day 'our' part...BUT NOTHING OF THOSE COULD STOP 'us' !!!

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#3 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

Dear enemy of the heart,

But 'she' doesn't allways looks so 'signed' and 'exhausted' as in that photo I must admit...

Geert

PS...same 'trip' a few days earlier...BRIGHT weather ...a 'brighter Nathalie' hahahahahaha

psttttttttttttttttttttttttttt NOT EACH DAY IS THE SAME 'mon ami' !!!...never will !!!

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#4 slowpoke53

slowpoke53

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Good looking killers,one and all.

#5 roddy

roddy

Heinz Meurer, Hachenburg / Germany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Hello, my friend,

Bold design.

When I had a first look at the first three pics I was a little irritated, because I never saw something like these before.

(May be because of my limited knowledge).

After some time I realized everything an insect body wears on.

Think they are killers.

Greets to S.

Heinz

We oughtn't tie to please others. If we're happy, that is what it is all about.

The real intent is to have fun tying.

Ronn Lucas Sr.

#6 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

Thanks.

The first three - one a set of six - are of a fly  made up years ago to imitate a little yellow sally. That's what we call them - #14-18 golden stoneflies that emerge yearly. It fools trout. As I'm moderately limited on materials for some odd reason, these are not quite how I actually ti them. But I don't really think color matters much to trout - silhouette means more, presentation most.

Geert - the dubbing on the mayflies is tan with a very thin sheen of rust dubbed over - at once wound together. I've been trying a bit of that.  Thanks for the photos of your dearest.

dd

#7 JoshP

JoshP

Bluefield, WV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

Beauties Dale! I keep saying I'm going to do some dries and never get around to it. I will eventually though. I have problems photographing dries because of not having a good macro lens. One of these days I guess..

#8 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi Josh

Go ahead and tie half a dozen of something. Take a photo with the camera you do have. Post it. We'd enjoy seeing what you do tie. I could help you if you'd like.

Glad you are well. Thanks for looking and commenting.
Dale