ClassicFlyTying.com Sponsors
Hand Made Salmon Hooks
Ronn Lucas, Sr.
www.ronnlucassr.com
(503)654-0466
[email protected]

Photo

Some 'GRUB like' or 'SHRIMP like' ...GEWE flies for fishing !!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:36 AM

Dear FRIENDS,

Last year 2017 around the month of june it had to be...I tied a whole amount of SCHRIMP like or GRUB like flies. In the most of them I tried to put in a bit of 'soft' stuff of one or another feather (as I have that 'feeling and experience by now' that  it gift  any fly a bit of extra mouvement (be it a wet or a salmon fly).

So I tied and I tied resulting in this 'box' (a box I took with me to Denmark last september to fish a day or three on the Skjern A in company of PER HANSEN and LARS MOLLER and OLE...some of those flies I even tied per five or six...and of those 'sets' I gifted the most away to 'friends' with all my 'heart'.

The most are tied on 1/0 and 2/0 hooks or or even smaller......

ENJOY !!! (psttttttttt allmost time now to 'show' a bit more 'classic work' or a bit more of my 'freestyle work' I tied during my 'absence period...but thus we will start with this 'grublike/shrimpylike' GEWE fishing flees...

Geert

PS...had unfortunatly to 'crimp' each of 'my' photo's once more...

PS...I show this photo's here as I feel they are not 'classic' (even there are a nice amount of classic 'grubs'...neither what I attend to see of a freestyle salmon fly...on the contrary they 'rest' very FISHY IMO. and that why I tied these !!! big wink !!!

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

Dear FRIENDS,

some of the SOFT white and grey YOU see in a nice amount of the flies I putted in ...are  HERON !!!

Geert

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#3 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

Not only are you an incredibly prolific tyer...but your flies are a combination of beauty and to my eye fish catchers as well. Just wonderful my friend.

Cheers,

George

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#4 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

I will echo what George said. I mentioned to Paul Harkin at the show about the lack of use here of spey and grub type flies. Still dont see a lot of spey type rods here either. I wonder if they would have the same effective use here . Also dont see a lot of purple or pink flies.

Joy to see your flies again Geert,hope you have a great weekend

Stephen

#5 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

They look so deadly, you may have to cut the fly off at the bend of the hook.