5 replies to this topic

#1 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

YESTERDAY, tuesday ...I went visiting at longlast my 'beloved' little river 'running' in the Northern part of France (reasons known)...

and so yesterday was a 'highlightning' day...and not only for reasons I encountered the whole day long..... a 'hard tapping' SUN and extreme high temperatures.

As most of the time...not a easy flyfishing overthere on my 'small chalk river' ...with allmost every fish who had searched shelter ....and and and when not 'actif' are easely spooked by every 'wrong step' or mouvement (for instance with fish YOU didn't had spot yet - own bank or far bank or or or as said not seen yet in the gin clear water)

And yes I had my dear friend "FROGGIE" as a loyal compagnon with me.

Anyway enjoy the 'atmosphere' photos (wich unfortunatly had to 'crimp' down - so some are only so and so)...and yes in the 'end' I was happy I could bring exactly ONE nice :

'LADY OF THE STREAM' (a Europan grayling) to small piece of waterweed into the bank.

Geert 

PS...the fish was taken on the very popular and deadly...classic FRENCH (dry) 'pattern' listening to the name of "PEUTE" invented by Henri Bresson...(a pattern I gifted a bit of my 'own' twitch I must confess....and this with not clipping the 'hen breast duck feather' and also putting on and IN ...some CDC in the wing (a mix of yellow and dun CDC I use)...euh also CDC isn't sitting in the original pattern. I have to search for the real but then realy small 'hen duck breastfeathers' to can tie them reasonably small. PEUTE's are fished like American's fish the "HORNBERG"...but my pattern I tie ofcourse 'bigger' tooooooooooo...

PS...will 'crimp' a couple of photo's of my own "PEUTE'sssssss"...and will launch them 'underneath' - wink !!!

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#2 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:07 PM

Dear FRIENDS,

As promised some 'crimped' photo's of my 'own' take on the French pattern the "PEUTE"...a 'dry fly'

euh let it be clear the 'one' in the middle of the bunch in the two photo's ...and the one 'held' in my FINGERS.........is a "PEUTE" that I transformed in ONE of my GEWE WET flies !.

Geert

Attached Files

#3 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

That look's like a seriously effective pattern, Geert & I reckon froggy thinks the same.

#4 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

I'm very happy for you that all is good in the end, and I can only imagine the relief you feel when you are back to the life that you knew. Great fly pattern, and a lovely place.

All the best!
Robert

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#5 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Thanks JOHN and ROBERT (and yes 'our' entire family is reliefed...this since a short while only !!!)

Geert

#6 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

When I look at this river it reminds me of my favorite streams here in Pennsylvania. Places I have fished since the 1960's...and will continue to do so for the rest of my days.

A place of true charm and  beauty Geert.

Cheers,

George

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me