Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

#2 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

I went in and tested. I can change my signature, no problem, but anything I add to my About Me page, doesn't get saved.

The "likes" have never been working for me, for as long as I have been a member.

Rv-

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#3 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

My hope is we continued share fkues, stories and good cheer. I fear there is no interesting solution to the issues you raise.
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#4 ted patlen

ted patlen

marstons mills, massachusetts....cape cod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

jon,

i'd press the like button that has never worked for me either...

years ago i asked if you can jump from one forum to another without going back to a main page...seems like added work

#5 copcheck

copcheck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

#6 roycestearns

roycestearns

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Jon,

this forum belongs to Will Mullis and only Will can make technical changes.

#7 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

Jon,

this forum belongs to Will Mullis and only Will can make technical changes.

I did not know that.  I just did a search of members.  "Will Mullis" is not a member.   Odd, eh?

Darwin award winner of flytying

#8 copcheck

copcheck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

#9 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

When I reply to a post and start typing hitting the space bar, the space does not work unless I press the left mouse button once then the spacing begins but if I've typed more than one word before, have to manually and put a space between each word. That just started a few months ago. 

It is frustrating for all of us but there doesn't seem to be a desire to make the forum function better. I am sure Will is very busy with his other forums and work and since he doesn't tie the flies we do, it isn't a priority. I understand that but there are a small number of us would be willing to make things work better if we are allowed to.

Maybe if we keep discussing it here in this thread http://www.classicflytying.com/index.php?showtopic=59266 , it will attract attention to our desires.   

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#10 roycestearns

roycestearns

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

Jim -

Will is a member here, he goes my another name as you do.

It's important to focus on and document the problems and not turn this to an attack on Will

#11 copcheck

copcheck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

#12 roycestearns

roycestearns

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

Nobody has yet ... just posting a "curve ahead" before it turns in that direction.

And just noticed something today ...

George previously reported that the "follow a thread" wasn't emailing him anymore.

It just started working this AM for me so maybe somebody is addressing some issues right now?

#13 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

Jim -

Will is a member here, he goes my another name as you do.

It's important to focus on and document the problems and not turn this to an attack on Will

I presume that you know how to get in touch with the gentleman?  It turns out Jon is able and most likely willing to work on the site's problems if he were able to gain access.  You might put him in touch.

Darwin award winner of flytying

#14 Troutmaddave

Troutmaddave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

As a tech retard, could the forum be moved to a new "address" so that current active members could moderate it? Is that a stupid question? Something like classic and artistic fly tyres dot com

Dave

#15 copcheck

copcheck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:16 AM

#16 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

Aw come on guys, we're all on the same page here! We all agree this is a great place to meet (sorta) and talk/show flies so please, lets be a team! 

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#17 roycestearns

roycestearns

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:43 AM

Jon  You started out with ...

I know we've beat this dead horse to no end, but does anyone have the ability to address technical challenges with the forum?

There are a number of people that have the ability to address the technical issues on this forum including as you suggested yourself, but that doesn't matter because the forum is owned by Will and as you know, Will is the only one that can grant technical access.  I felt the topic suddenly veered negative towards Will  ... so if I misread the "curves ahead" or jumped to a conclusion, I apologize.  Let's take this off line ... I have no interest in a debate for debates sake.

Dave  This forum is owned by one individual, so yes we could all move to another forum on a different address.  There are two caveats, there is a cost to hosting and running a forum and understand that everything that's here currently stays here as it belongs to Will.

Jim I haven't had a conversation with Will in years.  I know that some have reached out to Will to resolve the issues but as has been noted in another thread, he's to busy to address our concerns.

Four pages what's next ... I see a couple of options

1. Collect all of the "technical issues" that have been shared, test them, document the problem, and have one of the admins present it to Will

2. Live with the technical issues and hope that Will upgrades the IP Board software at some point.

3. Move to a "new" forum by purchasing the forum's content and domain from Will or leave this all behind and start with a clean slate.

#18 Troutmaddave

Troutmaddave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

What sort of money are we talking here to buy this off Will? £50 each between the core members? £500? £5000? I have no idea what these things are worth. The only sensible thing I think is to gain control and make technical changes to make the watch tick better

#19 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,396 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

So trivial, with all the craziness in our world, our country, this recent school shooting, so many innocent children not with us anymore. And people are complaining about buttons that don't work
I'm sorry but my emotions are so distant from this here, my heart is broken, wounded, it bleeds sadly
I'm just so disturb for the future of my kids and grandkids
I'm sorry if this reply to this thread from me gets you upset but in my heart this is so selfish.
I'm much aware of the things most important to me, my life and my family. I mad at the way our lives have changed . I'm deeply aware of this all.
Maybe I'm just to emotional, I see other sites, conversations of the events happening in our world, many many close to home like this recent school shooting. Never see any of you mention any of this here unless I send out a prayer for certain events occurring. Buttons that don't work? I wish I could make the button work that turns on sympathy
I'm sorry, yall can attact me for saying all this all you want, you can argue and make comments to me, I don't care, it's not important as the sadness I have in my heart. And when I come here seeing people complaining about buttons that don't work it drives me farther away

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#20 Probie

Probie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

Bud, i don't know how anyone couldn't be saddened by the recent school shooting. Many of us have kids, i'm sure. In saying that, this board doesn't have a "politics" section, a "current affairs" section. I have to believe the people that come here come to escape from all that stuff in a sense. This is a place, that IMO, should be a respite. A place to share flies and bs about all things fly tying. Place to get away from all the other hoorid stuff out there in this cruel world. Folks here are clearly seeking change among this board. This thread, as many do has run way off topic. This thread was about improving this board, not current affairs. PS, i applaud your heartfelt sentiments in regards to whats going on around us all right now. Much respect