11 replies to this topic

#1 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

Pretty sure I have mentioned this before but looking foreward to meeting some of you in June. Wish you all could come. I did have an epiphany at work today though. For those that are staying to fish and are a little unsure what to bring for flies I would suggest you just rob Gary Tanner. He will have a beautiful collection of tried and true hairwings in the proper sizes and on top of that he is kinda old and not likely to put up much of a fight.lol.Actually Gary is a super guy and would probably steer you in the right direction

Sorry Gary,I couldnt resist. Was wondering if Bridget is coming with you though. I have something for you that I hope to have in April when you come up and if not should be done in June. Super top secret surprise

Stephen

#2 GPT

GPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

LOL, you are surely right about the "kiinda old" stuff, Stephen!  Bridget will for sure be with me, as she will be in April (lol again, and June and July, etc, etc).

I would, in all seriousness, be happy to help with flies should anyone need that assistance.  Stephen and Marc probably more so than me!

Gary

#3 Marc LeBlanc

Marc LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:31 AM

Really looking forward to the third instalment of ASFI!

Marc

PS- Gary, think we should have the Low Country Boil as the main course at the banquet???? :)

#4 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:47 AM

Aw, come on.  All demonstration tiers should man up and fish with feather wing flies.

(Just joking.  I intend to fish with whatever catches fish!!  But, maybe a few casts with feather wings...I even purchased a nice antique box to carry them in.)

Darwin award winner of flytying

#5 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:53 AM

"PS- Gary, think we should have the Low Country Boil as the main course at the banquet????"

Where I'm from, that's made with crawfish and shrimp and crab.  Ya'll make it with lobster?

Darwin award winner of flytying

#6 GPT

GPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

Really looking forward to the third instalment of ASFI!

Marc

PS- Gary, think we should have the Low Country Boil as the main course at the banquet???? smile.png

The crowd would love the boil!!!

Gary

#7 garren

garren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Really looking forward to the show and seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  Going to be a lot of fun.

Garren

#8 steely34

steely34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Looking forward to this show. Feel like a kid again with the anticipation.

Tom Herr

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

#9 GPT

GPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

"PS- Gary, think we should have the Low Country Boil as the main course at the banquet????"

Where I'm from, that's made with crawfish and shrimp and crab.  Ya'll make it with lobster?

I just make it with shrimp.

Gary

#10 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

I do plan on bringing a few fish catchers with me but I will have to hide them from Gary. Not too sure he would approve.

Marc, the boil is a great idea only if I can have some too. Gary also makes a mean hotdog

Stephen

#11 conrad

conrad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

This will be my first trip to a show and am extatict , A note though, I booked a room yesterday and the rooms in town are few and far between, so book up and welcome to the East Coast of Canada Cheers
Tony Conrad

#12 Marc LeBlanc

Marc LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

Looking forward to meeting you Conrad!

Marc