2 replies to this topic

#1 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,424 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:15 AM

ive been out shrimping, come home to this, wow, what a waste of time in life,  I'm gonna say this, when you get to be the age ive grown to, you start to realise how short life is. one minute is so short but one minute of useless discussion like I read is just a wasted minute of living. so one minute is short, add them up and that's all the time you wasted living.  I'm gonna delete all the wasted minutes I find here from now on. 

news on my end, been sick as a dog, upper respritory infection,  on doctors orders stay home and rest,  home resting is not living in my world, Darla and I went to work on our boat, well, I'm paying for it,  sick came back with a vengeance. home now , came in today but ill try to go out again Tuesday.  been doing 1000 to 2000 pounds every couple days, shrimp got small but typical for this time of year,  been fighting jelly fish most nights, loads and loads of jelly fish,  like tons of jelly fish, couple night hydrolic system had a hard time lifting bags . jelly fish are very heavy, like lifting water. 

enjoying our time on the water,  I still check in daily on my phone .  season closes mid December, I have the audabon society thingy to do on nov 12th. looking forward to tying abit but combat tying in public might be abit nerving, we'll see. I'm sure the kids will enjoy the day spent at the audabon zoo

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#2 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:39 AM

I've been out with the boat too. Crabbing. Got a few nice ones, but nothing commercial, of course. I hope to be tying again soon. I have an infection in my right hand. Bummer...

Take a break, mate. Get well soon!

Rv-

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#3 Russ d

Russ d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

Take it easy bud, for a couple of days anyway, and get well. You're a top fella, sage advice, competition organiser and all round nice chap. Also, totally agree on your no shit, time wasting approach. Cheers, Russ