• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JerriB

JerriB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

There is SO MUCH product available out there that it's hard to figure out what to buy or not. Has anyone tried the newer Polish Quills that are listed in some catalogs? I'm in Western PA, admittedly not the trout country that much of PA is, and we don't get all the product that are seen elsewhere. I like to tie quill body flies, for the look and for the fact that I have had good luck with them, wet and dry. Has anyone been using these? Worth the price? I haven't seen them in person, just on the web or catalogs, so I would have to mail order.

I bought a synthetic quill this spring that I did see. It was okay, I was kinda underwhelmed by the look. Hoping thi Polish Quill might be much better. 

#2 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

It IS good, probably at least at least as good as any natural quill you will find on the net.  A couple of weeks after the last BFFI (last Nov.) (where I happened to meet & talk with one of the owners) they were involved in a very bad car crash, where they were rear seat passengers. I gather they were both quite badly injured & haven't heard much about them since that time. I think it may have been somewhere in Scandinavia, but not sure. All of their products are of equal quality b.t.w. & they have a staff of around 8-10 people