• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bigwilly

bigwilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Sorry everyone. Somehow this went in the wrong section. Here we go again.

Hello everyone

Hope this doesn't conflict with any rules on this site.

I have been brought in as the pro staff tyer, so I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. Lagartun is alive and well. We are now a Canadian owned and operated company. We are pleased to offer our products once again to the public and shops alike. The products you know and love are now available, with some exciting new stuff to come. Our aim is to supply the classic tying community with products for both fishing and full dress flies.

The new Lagartun website is currently under construction but order forms for both individuals and shops can be obtained by emailing this address. [email protected]

Thank you everyone!

Will Bush

#2 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

Sounds like great news.
Thanks Will
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#3 Bazzer69

Bazzer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

i ordered a bunch of tinsels from Lagartun after paying and waiting three and a half weeks I wrote to them and received the reply that payment hadn't been made.  I then sent them a copy of the paypal payment and despite several emails I heard nothing back.  I've opened a dispute with Paypal and I'm sure I'll get my money back.  That's not what I wanted but that's poor service and poor communication. Once I've got my money back I'll order some tinsels from elsewhere.  I think I've given them every chance to make it right.

#4 Speyfly89

Speyfly89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

They changed owner ship maybe that happen during the transition. Email them again. As to find tinsel somewhere else when u do find such a place let us know:):)
"The swing is the thing, the tug is the drug" unknown source

Kevin

#5 Bazzer69

Bazzer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:09 AM

I've had communication from Lagartun and they seem to want to put matters right.  Once I receive my goods, a total of eight spools of tinsels I'll report back. 

#6 Bazzer69

Bazzer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

All well that ends well.  I received my whole order a couple of days ago along with a sorry from Lagartun to say they were sorry for the delay.  I would order from them again as long as there are not any more cock ups!

#7 Bazzer69

Bazzer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:01 PM

Having now received my complete order from Lagatun and having tied a few flies with their tinsels I can only say they are fantastic I'm going to try some of their thread next.
Five star quality🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

#8 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

Their g.s.p. is excellent.