ClassicFlyTying.com Sponsors
Hand Made Salmon Hooks
Ronn Lucas, Sr.
www.ronnlucassr.com
(503)654-0466
[email protected]

Photo

A 'duo' of freestyle fishing flies....."SPY GLASSES" 3/0 hook !!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

Dear FRIENDS,

Yesterday evening (as mostly EACH 'thursdayevening') I went to my beloved flytyingclub...and as it are 'holiday' months (july and august)...we TIE 'free' (no programm or a tyer in the front to follow). Also the 'friends/tyers' who appear during this two months are low in numbers. And as we are in the middle of a real 'HEATWAVE' we decided to take place on the 'terras of the 'pub'...and tie and chat a bit 'outside'.

I had taken the idea to start 'another one' of those "PARTRIDGE and ORANGE'ssss" wich I launched on my Facebook...but apart of a partridgefeather or two (big ones) that where sticking in one of my boxes...I had constated that unfortunatly I was forgotten to put in one of my 'partridge skins' in my tyinggear/materials backpack.........and soooooooo I stood for a dillema NOT tying at all...or or or rowing with the materials I had with me...

The result is to see here. The flies if YOU ask me 'in the end' has 'something' of a "ORANGE HERON" classic. Ah It was so that I was asked by someone to 'use' a SPEY hook...and soooooo I used a 'speyhook' (a 3/0). OK OK OK ofcourse that I tied yesterday evening only ONE (the 'one' wearing the darkest of the wings)...and yes some will spotting it immediatly allready...I used my beloved 'FRENCH' GREY PERIGORD GOOSE underflankfeathers for putting on the wing.

psttttttttt reasonable pleased with the 'outcome' of my first one ...I went over to tie still 'another' this afternoon...and soooooo I have now a 'duo'.

Wonder wich name I can gift THEM...euh and and and as my dearest enemy to my heart DALE DARLING asked me to gift a bit more info of what for materials went into this/my fly I launch (even 'here' those are pretty visible for some with good eyes IMO (but yes who am I hahahaha) - and sooooo I will title this fly a "SPY GLASS" hahahahahaa

ENJOY my 'duo' of "SPEY GLASSEsssss"

GEWE (Geert WERBROUCK)

hook : speyhook 3/0
tip/tag : red/orange copper and orange floss
tail : male pheasant breastfeather and a tuft of red macaw
body : orange floss
rib : red/organge copper
bodyhackle : a big partridge breastfeather
throath : a heron breastfeather (white and black)
wing : French 'grey' Perigord goose underflankfeather - slips
tyingthread : brown

PS...had ofcourse to CRIMP my photo's ....so again sorry for that for here and there a part of a hook or feather is not on the photo completly

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#2 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

Very Geertie looking, you have a style all your own my friend and I think froggy would agree. Very nice

Stephen

#3 Torrishpale

Torrishpale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:00 AM

Lovely Geert. 

Giles

#4 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

Agrred, I had wondered if Froggy had been away on his holiday as it's been a week or two since he was last here

#5 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:37 AM

Dear STEPHEN, GILES and JOHN,

Thanks 'all' three for Your nice words in Your replies !!!...

HOPE YOU 'may' enjoy all Your SUMMER and Your 'fishing' .....ah realy 'hot' it is overhere (some rivers and their 'trout and grayling' in it ...are 'struggling' due to this CONTINIOUS 'ultra hot' temperatures and long long spell without a 'drup' of rain !

Geert

#6 Switch

Switch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

Dear FRIENDS,

Yesterday evening (as mostly EACH 'thursdayevening') I went to my beloved flytyingclub...and as it are 'holiday' months (july and august)...we TIE 'free' (no programm or a tyer in the front to follow). Also the 'friends/tyers' who appear during this two months are low in numbers. And as we are in the middle of a real 'HEATWAVE' we decided to take place on the 'terras of the 'pub'...and tie and chat a bit 'outside'.

I had taken the idea to start 'another one' of those "PARTRIDGE and ORANGE'ssss" wich I launched on my Facebook...but apart of a partridgefeather or two (big ones) that where sticking in one of my boxes...I had constated that unfortunatly I was forgotten to put in one of my 'partridge skins' in my tyinggear/materials backpack.........and soooooooo I stood for a dillema NOT tying at all...or or or rowing with the materials I had with me...

The result is to see here. The flies if YOU ask me 'in the end' has 'something' of a "ORANGE HERON" classic. Ah It was so that I was asked by someone to 'use' a SPEY hook...and soooooo I used a 'speyhook' (a 3/0). OK OK OK ofcourse that I tied yesterday evening only ONE (the 'one' wearing the darkest of the wings)...and yes some will spotting it immediatly allready...I used my beloved 'FRENCH' GREY PERIGORD GOOSE underflankfeathers for putting on the wing.

psttttttttt reasonable pleased with the 'outcome' of my first one ...I went over to tie still 'another' this afternoon...and soooooo I have now a 'duo'.

Wonder wich name I can gift THEM...euh and and and as my dearest enemy to my heart DALE DARLING asked me to gift a bit more info of what for materials went into this/my fly I launch (even 'here' those are pretty visible for some with good eyes IMO (but yes who am I hahahaha) - and sooooo I will title this fly a "SPY GLASS" hahahahahaa

ENJOY my 'duo' of "SPEY GLASSEsssss"

GEWE (Geert WERBROUCK)

hook : speyhook 3/0
tip/tag : red/orange copper and orange floss
tail : male pheasant breastfeather and a tuft of red macaw
body : orange floss
rib : red/organge copper
bodyhackle : a big partridge breastfeather
throath : a heron breastfeather (white and black)
wing : French 'grey' Perigord goose underflankfeather - slips
tyingthread : brown

PS...had ofcourse to CRIMP my photo's ....so again sorry for that for here and there a part of a hook or feather is not on the photo completly

Dear GEERT !

I so like your's flies especially the second on the right hand. The body have made with good looking segmentation for my point of view. 

Thank you for your describtion this flies.

Aleksandr.

keep up, but do not rush

#7 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:23 PM

Dear ALEKSANDR,

Ah it's me who have to THANK YOU ...for Your 'lovely' words of admiration to my adress !!! ...mucho appreciated !!!

Geert

#8 Switch

Switch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

Dear GEERT!

You are so kind for my adress too, that I am shaking your's hands and have a smile on my lips. I would hope that our knowledge will be useful for each other.

Aleksandr. 

keep up, but do not rush

#9 aaronostoj

aaronostoj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:05 AM

Very, very nice.  I love the partridge body hackle on these.  Well done, 

Aaron 

CHECK OUT MY FLY TYING MATERIALS WEBSITE http://www.aofeathers.com