#1 Flynewbrunswick

Flynewbrunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

Good day lads!

Had the "Go big or go home" mentality the other day and took a crack at a Red Sandy and probably my last. took 11 crow feathers, Which I acquired in a trade. So didn't break the bank.
I breezed through the body and wing in just a few hours. the toppings were trouble.. Overall I am pleased but I could definitely use some practice with my wool heads :P 

Chris

Attached Files

#2 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

That thing is pretty. Tied one myself but I need to find a smaller hook. Tearing it apart shortly.

Stephen

#3 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

Dear CHRIS,

Allways will say YES ...when a tyer brings this same wonderful 'classic' pattern...

YOU tied 'her' marvellous...yes yes yes ...a 'shiner' ...ah more a  'glower' hahahahahahaha

Geert

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#4 Flynewbrunswick

Flynewbrunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Stephen!. you got a photo?, what size of hook did you use? May be able to send you a couple 1.5's if that works. 

-Geert Thanks a bunch for the kind words. Someday I will get around to my photography skills to compliment :P

Chris

#5 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

Used some of Lucs crow subs. Hook may have been a 2/0 or so. I do have some smaller I think but my room looks like a bomb went off so I cant find anything. Working on some flies for my boss right now, he is headed for the LSW for a few days.

Stephen

#6 Flynewbrunswick

Flynewbrunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:29 PM

Awesome!. Water is low everywhere hiked the beca from Hells Eddy last Thursday to the second bend (upriver which mirrors the eddy Bend, I have to say the mirrored Bend has the biggest pools on the river. I seen some big brown trout in these pools .

#7 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Awesome, probably holds all the trout in the river right now.lol. I have never been that far up from Hells Eddy, bucket list for sure. The big Presque Isle has pretty well dried up, we need some water badly

stephen

#8 Flynewbrunswick

Flynewbrunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

Its bad year luckily the  Beca holds many pools through the gorge upto the cold stream pool. I drove the big presque isle almost upto Maine,she's dry as a bone!! The mouth is beauty but upstream  I never seen any good bends.