No replies to this topic

#1 CapeBSalar

CapeBSalar

I Like Green Highlander's

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi guys, I know it's been awhile but I had to pop in and see if I could round up a few more tyers for the last few remaining spots in my latest book project on Trout Flies.  So far I have enlisted 80 Tyers from around the world for the book and am looking to fill 100 spots.

The book will focus only on trout flies, those flies that have been hidden away from others over the years, nearly forgotten, or truly forgotten flies. Patterns that had been created and had become so secret that fly fisherman covet those patterns for years without sharing them with others.  Old tried and true patterns and those unnamed flies in the back of grandpa's old tin fly box that you've duplicated and that still catch fish to this day.  These along with original patterns that work very well for trout are the types of patterns and the general theme of the book that I'm looking to cover within it's pages.

If you are interested in the project, please email me directly [email protected] to express your interest and we'll go from there.

Also feel free to contact me through my facebook group, there's a link below! 

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

New Book Released-Atlantic Salmon Flies of Nova Scotia

Damian's Facebook group

Damian's Classic Salmon Fly Website

Damian's Fly Tying Blog

Posted Image
Connect with me on Linkedin

"Neither is there a right way nor a wrong way to tie a fly---sometimes just a better way."
J. Edson Leonard (Preface to his 1988 Edition of Flies, 1950, A.S. Barnes, NY)

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau