8 replies to this topic

#1 ted patlen

ted patlen

marstons mills, massachusetts....cape cod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

I was asked by Chuck Furimski to pass along this information.  The November show (symposium) has changed it's date and location.  It will be held the second weekend of November in Lancaster, PA.

He told me that e-mails, etc. will be sent out to the tyers who have tied here in the past. 

All I know

#2 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

From my personal perspective...I like it. MUCH closer to home and having attended the Fly Fishing Show at that location I believe he has made a good move. Fine venue and much more intimate as well as comfortable for the attendees and the tyers/vendors participating.

Cheers,

George

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#3 JoshP

JoshP

Bluefield, WV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

I've never been. Is this the one that used to be in Somerset? I may be able to go this year!

#4 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

I've never been. Is this the one that used to be in Somerset? I may be able to go this year!

That's the one Josh. Since I KNOW I'll be there...maybe we'll get the chance to actually meet instead of conversing via email. Lancaster is about 60 minutes +or- from my house.

Cheers,

George

Petri Heil,

George

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#5 JoshP

JoshP

Bluefield, WV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

It's about 8 for me. That's ok though. I'll have a few vacation days I'll have to take. Actually, think I can really go this year

#6 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

It's about 8 for me. That's ok though. I'll have a few vacation days I'll have to take. Actually, think I can really go this year

Sounds like a long weekend to me - LOL

Petri Heil,

George

#7 Ephemerella

Ephemerella

Peter Simonson, Greenville, NH, USA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

A bit more of drive for me. The venue (Marriott in Lancaster) is a nice hotel in the middle of a small city with all sorts of restaurants and pubs within a radius of a few blocks. I had heard it was to be held in one of the ballrooms, not the main convention center, still nice, quiet acoustics in both, and very nice hotel staff.

#8 JoshP

JoshP

Bluefield, WV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

I have that Friday off anyway so... Amanda and i are going! I'm super excited!

#9 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

A bit more of drive for me. The venue (Marriott in Lancaster) is a nice hotel in the middle of a small city with all sorts of restaurants and pubs within a radius of a few blocks. I had heard it was to be held in one of the ballrooms, not the main convention center, still nice, quiet acoustics in both, and very nice hotel staff.

You are correct in every way Peter. I have an old friend and his wife who live 15 +or- miles south of Lancaster...and when my wife and I visit with them, it is always a treat to go into town. The area around that Marriott has lots to do from the pubs and restaurants...to the Central Market which has loads of stands from the local farming community around the county. Should make for a fine weekend!!
Cheers,

George

Petri Heil,

George