#1 eide

eide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Hi!

I run http://flyhooks.org where I try to gather up hooks and information about them. Now I'm looking at getting some more salmon hooks: Blind-eye, good examples of different bends/design, old hooks, new hooks, old hook makers/brands as well as current hook makers etc. These are hooks to be taken picture of and measured and put up on flyhooks.org. But: I will also be attending ASFI next year, and I'm planning a couple of things in that regards when it comes to flyhooks.org (bring with me some hooks and add some more feature on flyhooks.org). It is difficult to get a hold of hooks (and I really only need a single hook from each model, so sometimes I really don't need a whole package of a hook)

So: do you have any hooks for sale/trade/give away that can be used for this purpose? Contact me on PM, and we can sort it out.

#2 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

You might chat with Paul Rossman about your project.

Darwin award winner of flytying

#3 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

If you haven't already done so, get a copy of "Century End£ by the late Paul Ptalis as there are loads of hook pattern charts in there & all are to size. One of Raddencich's books also has some, probably his 1st book ? There are several others out there as well + there's plenty of info on facebook

#4 eide

eide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:42 AM

If you haven't already done so, get a copy of "Century End£ by the late Paul Ptalis as there are loads of hook pattern charts in there & all are to size. One of Raddencich's books also has some, probably his 1st book ? There are several others out there as well + there's plenty of info on facebook

got that book, and some others as well :)

You might chat with Paul Rossman about your project.

Will do!

#5 salmosalar

salmosalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

Got a rare Partridge streamer hook here for your site. Contact me via email and will send you one.

[email protected]