3 replies to this topic

#1 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

Got first swarm of the year today. Nice 4 or 5 pound ball. Sweet calm bees. Settled in nicely into new hive, found them in an elderberry tree

Attached Files

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#2 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Hey Bud!

Brittany is taking bee keeping classes, and will buy a hive with bees soon. She joins your fraternity.
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#3 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

No need for classes, just buy lots of stingease

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#4 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

BUD,

This is a 'nice' swarm...success with it !!! (psttttttttttttt but take in mind that a 'BEE SWARM' once he is settled on a branch of a tree....IS 'ALLWAYS' friendly...euh at least when the beeswarm is FRESH... say is hanging there not more than  say a day or two or three.............as they had taken 'up' ALL food enough in their stomachs before they started their swarm........once they are 'hanging' or taken in their position in a tree or hay or 'any object' (can be even the motorblock of a car or 'a side under the roof' of Your house tooooo) then they are FRIENDLY...........

once the swarm becomes 'older' (and they start to get hungry) ...they start to become more in their 'usual' normal state...so then they can become more 'biting' hahahahaha

BUD.............ONCE MORE A PROOF THAT I HAVE SINCE YEARS NOW 'my dearest enemy on my BACK' day in day out......psttttttttt he will 'USE' me now SIX DAYS 'a week' to play  BEE KEEPER TEACHER for his DAUGHTER Brittany...and ask me all kinds of 'bee questions'....

psttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt AH and when his daughter Brittany will succeed in her lessons beekeeping......I am sure DALE will load a 'new gun' on me...a probably then it will be to help him with advice and lessons in CAR DRIVING or why not  SELF DEFENCE (yes I was pretty good at that...read in my young time as a 'copper' hahahahhaa)...

ah the 'beat' goes 'on' with that 'GREY GHOST'

psttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt BUD STAY SAFE ON YOUR BEES !!!...and never ever work on Your bees when weather is to WARM or when the weather shows signs of thunder and lightning  in the air !!!....BEST is working on Your bees in the MORNING ...as then the beekeeper knows that a good deal of the elderly bees are 'away from home' searching and bringing in 'nectar and pollen'.......psttttttttt but silence here as DD is for sure reading with and for me HE is allready SMART enough (yes men with grey beards are clever aswell 'foxy' in manners hahahahaha)

Geert

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013