28 replies to this topic

#1 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

I wanna go back to Oregon to find one. I'm hoping ronn Lucas will appreciate my beliefs and take me into the mountains where he and I can spend a month or so camping in a tent. Living off the land. Going out each day and night looking for the big guy. When we find him we will both become celebrities. The guys who found big foot. My plan is each day we can hike a few miles. Back to camp for a nap. Maybe eat a few berries we might find then hike back up a few thousand feet in elevation for an 8 hour night vigil.I think if ronn and I spend a month in no man's land we will succeed. I've done my research ronn. Most sightings as of late between the 3 mountains. Bring a coat, average snow depth might be 8 feet. I'm figuring a week to hike in, 2 weeks searching, a week to hike out. I'll bring a pistol if we encounter any problem bears or the many mountain lions also in the area. So when would you like to get this going ronn, need to know so I can make airline arrangements to Oregon. We will be famous ronn

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL CLASSICS PAGE SLACKERS CLUB
HONORARY WINNER OF THE 2011 BIGGEST SLACKER AWARD

http://flyfishline.com/art_gallery2.php

My mind belongs to this forum
My heart belongs to my family
My soul belongs to my flies

#2 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Ps. Watching program now. They just found a bunch of footprints on a logging road near mount hood. They also found scat but the fellow said Bigfoot may have eaten a bad mushroom because the scat suggested Bigfoot may have had diarrhea. We gotta get up there quick ronn

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#3 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

"Mount Hood"? As in Bigfoot 'n da Hood? Blood in, blood out, guys. Better wear the correct colours...

Rv-

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#4 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Bud,
On our first summer at the Hamilton Rv park, there was a youngish fellow, probably in his late 30's, you know he still had a thick head of hair, who camped for a couple weeks. He was on vacation from his job as a security guard at a resort in rural Wisconsin. He spoke Wisconsin English like you do Cajun. Haha. He swore that he'd seen Bigfoot several times in the resort. He worked nights, and only saw Bigfoot at night. Had all sorts of info others had collected, a little like people who have seen alien spacecraft I suppose. Anyway, I think it will take more than 2 days to hike to Wisconsin from Ronn's house in Oregon old boy. You better bring some heavy duty hiking boots!!
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#5 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Any time Bud. Maybe take a little longer so it will be colder and snowier. Don't worry about your safety, I'll pack heat too and maybe take a few cans of beans for bait. Maybe Mr. Foot would like a little fame too. I can see it now.....two morons (one from Oregon and the other from down south somewhere) bring Mr. Big Foot to the Zig Zag Ranger station. A lot of questions were answered because Foot is only three feet tall but has huge feet and he hops rather than walks which might answer why no one ever really saw him cause they were looking too high!  

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#6 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

You guys are reeeeeaaaaallllllly beginning to worry me. Is this what happen after inhaling too many fumes from too much fly tying head cement?wacko.png

Cheers,

George

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#7 DAVEL

DAVEL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

If Youzzzz guys are serious!....I'm in!...it's been on my bucket list for a while now. I have a hound too that might help for picking up the trail of the big fella.

DL

PS...what do we do if we catch it....I assume it's not catch and release.

#8 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:41 PM

Ronn. Your suggestion that Bigfoot could possibly be only 3 foot tall with big feet got my curiosity level up. Looking to high? You might have hit on something here.

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#9 Troutmaddave

Troutmaddave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

You guys are reeeeeaaaaallllllly beginning to worry me. Is this what happen after inhaling too many fumes from too much fly tying head cement?wacko.png

Cheers,
George

Come on you two, time for your injections!! It's cold outside!!

#10 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:00 AM

I'm out of head cement the acetone didn't work. Got pulled over by a cop that saw me sniffing the gas intake on my truck this evening. Just got back from Walmart. They don't sell airplane glue anymore, what the heck?

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#11 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

Now back to our hunt ronn, just ordered a five gallon bucket of estrous female Bigfoot urine ronn. Had it shipped overnight so should be here in a couple. Also ordered a gallon of Bigfoot Rut gland lures. They claim it pisses off the dominate male in the existing area and he comes in for a fight. I'll use the estrous urine on my vigils. You can use the Rut gland lure. The directions on the gallon jug says you should soak yourself up real good with this stuff before going out so I can help you soak up before you go out at night. There was also a product called erection direction but after thinking about it. I figured we would not need this stimuli to atract the Bigfoot within our proximity. I'm bringing camouflage clothing so I can become one with nature on our outings. I'm practicing standing very still with my arms out. I'm determined to look like a tree. I've even practiced swaying gently incased it get breezy in any blizzard conditions we might incountered. This little fellow with big feet has no clue what's coming for him. Should we bring some rope to tie him up after we catch him?

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#12 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

Only three foot high? Maybe we could just bring a big pet carrier from petsmart and put him in there to haul him out
Also bought some freeze dried astronaut food at walmart incase we can't catch anything to eat at 10,000 foot elevation

I'm having some serious questions going thru my mind. How much oxygen is there at 10,000 foot elevation. Living at sea level all my life I get abit dizzy if I go up only 10 feet on a ladder. I'll have to bring my scuba tank

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#13 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Davel coming with us ronn. We need more food in our backpacks

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#14 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Please bring me some hair for a sunray shadow.

Rv-

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#15 Dale A. Darling

Dale A. Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

NEWS HEADLINES!!!! Zig Zag Ranger Station
D.O.P.E. News service

This afternoon, Rangers from the Zig Zag Ranger Station just below the summit of Lost Peak, Oregon, reported that two men, one mumbling in what sounded like Cajun French, tumbled off Summit Peak onto their front veranda. The Rangers on duty were out with their Bigfoot scent detectors, and had noticed a recent spike in both make and female hormonal odors, mixed with baked beans. Knowing better than to go out on the dangerous Summit Peak in the dead of winter, when snow depths soar to over 30 feet, and where Bigfeet meet to mate, they'd taken folding chairs, space heaters and fresh cocoa and popcorn onto the veranda to watch the locally infamous Bigfoot Hormonal Sensor Reading Device, which is without an acronym, but was called That Smelly Thing by its inventor, who was lost on Summit Peak several years back on his own Bigfoot expedition.

The men, one tall and apparently wind burnt from being exposed to Summit Peak elements, was mumbling Cajun epitaphs about something biting his knees, while the other, a shorter, stately bloke according to Ranger Robert, was speechless, even though he was hours from Seattle. His feet were slightly flattened, as though something very heavy had stepped on his feet. In addition to being saturated with horse piss, which is sold by shysters as Bigfoot attractant to vulnerable lowlanders who are known to fish for eels: the company has a very narrow market, both men were stuffed with baked beans. Ranger Robert, and his partner Ranger George, offered the men popcorn and a cup of hot cocoa, saying it was their usual treatment for such cases of Bigfootitus, common during winter when people set out to find the legendary beast.

In a late breaking development, the Rangers were told to expect one of the men's compatriots, a apparently normally level headed fellow who they said should have made the summit that day, but might have been waylaid on his trip from Maine by Boston traffic. They thought he might be holed up with a fellow who lives on Cape Cod, wears Hawaiian shirts, and is some sort of medical person called Doctor Blue. It was difficult to find the right order of the words, mumbled in Cajun mixed with an unknown tongue.

After cocoa and popcorn Rangers Robert and George sent the revived, but still demented, Bigfoot voyeures on their way, gently rolling them
Off the veranda and down the mountainside.
Dale "Fly fishing: a pleasantly addictive affliction"

My website here: http://www.riverforkpress.com
Voted 2017 sexiest fly tier of the year

#16 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

I checked this out on the "Fact or Fiction" web site...and everything Dale says it true fact...WOW !!!

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#17 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

Bud, you know you are what you eat? With all that shrimp, fish, turtle & frogs you ......oh and crawdads too that you eat, Mr. Big will smell you a mile away. I suggest we take Foot alive and teach him Cajun English and he/she can go on tour so we can recap enough of our investment to make the project worthwhile. Maybe the Honey Island Swamp Monster and Foot could be an item and we could get a whole family of the critters for the show! And there is the Rougarou too!

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#18 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

Ok, I watched another documentary called Harry and the Henderson last night. Seems the big footed little fellow can be lured in using fish sandwiches from burger King. In the program he was even lured into a car. Ronn, don't you have a suburban type vehicle and a burger King nearby your home?

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#19 Bud Guidry

Bud Guidry

Ragin Cajun

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

Ok just drove to my local burger King. I wanted to talk to the manager to see if I could order 500 fish sandwiches. She didn't seem surprised at the request. Looked me straight in the eyes and asked, your trying to catch Bigfoot aren't you? Well, long story short, seems there's a burger King a few miles from Mount St Helen where a Bigfoot recently walked up to the drive thru window asking for 120 fish sandwiches. And get this, 50 orders of fries. I asked her how this news had traveled so fast this far south. She told me the burger King franchise were trying to find another source for fish. They are anticipating a hugh demand for fish sandwiches in the Washington, Oregon area where Bigfoot populations are highest

RAmidbuck.GIF
MY FLY PATTERN DATABASE

#20 DAVEL

DAVEL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Sounds like this is gonna be eaiser than we thought!...be there soon guys!...me and the hound got bogged down in a blizzard coming over the Canadian Rockies.

The sled got stuck! I think I over loaded it with the beans ..I have to start feed'n some to the hound to light'n our load.

DL