3 replies to this topic

#1 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

Big thanks to everyone this weekend. Unfortunately the wife and I had to leave early this morning but I never liked goodbyes anyways. We picked up tickets for the banquet Saturday evening and being my wifes birthday  turned her loose at the live auction. She came home with Vals beautiful water color with Garys flies and framing. You guys make a great pair, its stunning. Will have pics when its on the wall. I see why Gary is in such a demand as an auctioneer up here, he has an uncanny way of separating a person from their wallet. 2 thumbs up boys

Also a shout out to Marc,Bob,Luc Loyd and everyone else who made this possible, I met a pile of people I may never see again

Thanks again to Teddy,Matt, Paul ,Jeff Dickey and the many others that attended. Also had the honor of watching Mr.Charles Chute work on a Popham. Would do it again anytime

Stephen

#2 GPT

GPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

It was great to see you and Lottie, Stephen, always a blast.  Hope it was your money I separated from its wallet and not Lottie's!!

Gary

P.S.  a little blog post I did about the event:  http://theriverscourse.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-atlantic-salmon-fly-international.html

#3 scnye

scnye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

I was all my money Gary, it was her birthday present. Mike Garland at freakin fur and feathers got the rest. I am living on Cheerios for the next month.lol

Stephen

#4 GPT

GPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

"I am living on Cheerios for the next month.lol"

Welcome to the club, Stephen!!!

Gary