Ditto

#23 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

"This thread was about improving this board, not current affairs."  Exactly.

Darwin award winner of flytying

#24 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Well said, Probie.

Rv-

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#25 copcheck

copcheck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

#26 jgogg

jgogg

Jim Goggans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

"You are correct, the forum belongs to Will and he alone." 

Are you not skipping some steps?  Surely Royce, Bud, Ronn or SOMEONE knows how to get in touch with Will.   Why not start by asking his permission and access to fix things here?  Am I not correct, Jon, in assuming you would be willing to give that a try if you were able?

There are already other forums should you wish to shift participation. I mainly post my work elsewhere because of the file size restrictions here. 

Darwin award winner of flytying

#27 roycestearns

roycestearns

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Jim - yes, Will should be contacted and an offer for domain and content should be made, and I do NOT have direct access to him.  His id here hasn't been active for a year, his id on his other site has been active as late as Jan this year.  I've attempted to contact him but like others I've been unsuccessful.  I do have a mail address if you want to try snail mail?  (pm me)  I can imagine the cost to upgrade this forum by invision is cost prohibitive now, when it was probably close to free on the last upgrade in 2008.

Robert did the correct thing, he wanted a limited Classic site, started his own site and forum and is publishing new content there, kudos RV

Jon - of course the poster owns the content of their post, yes they can republish their content and they do (I've seen identical posts on other forums).  TOS is implicit and by default the content belongs to the forum and the individual poster (their content only).  To republish, via retyping, screen capture, data capture tools etc. with out permission is both legally and ethically wrong.  I'd encourage anyone to start a new forum to solve the technical issues and direct it where they want. 

apologies to those I've irritated, I'll stay out of this going forward, let's tie flies.

#28 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I'm tying! 

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#29 Barkworth

Barkworth

ClassicFlyTying.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, me too. It makes no sense to get irritated when people in control don't do what you want, and that is a hard learned lesson for me. We have to accept the status quo. For me, this place works just fine. I am actually happy that we are not competing over post 'likes'. A good forum is created around good attitude and basic functionality. Gosh, I remember my first bulletin board, back in 1986. We were using an analogue modem and an ordinary telephone line. Pay per minute, and I think the speed was 12 BAUD. Hilarious, but it worked. And except for speed and fancy images, not much has changed. In the end, it is all about communication.

Rv-

www.ClassicFlyTying.net

the reference guide for traditional salmon fly tying...

#30 manyfeathers

manyfeathers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

the LIKE button does not work at all and always says I've reached my quota. I was not able to create an About Me page so put some info under "interests" instead.

Years ago I had a license for some message board, software, had a forum, and used it for a while. The problem is, you can not access decent technical help unless you pay a fee for updated software. These companies often do not provide support for outdated software. I have the same issue with another program that I own and have to pay to update every few years to access help