ClassicFlyTying.com Sponsors
Hand Made Salmon Hooks
Ronn Lucas, Sr.
www.ronnlucassr.com
(503)654-0466
[email protected]

Photo

A 'duo' of "WINNIE variants"...on antique 1/0 hooks !!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 geraldsherbrook

geraldsherbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

Dear Members,

As usual I start off with a warmhearted thanks to everyone who came by with a nice word on my "ORANGE CHAMBERLAIN" I brought last week...so much appreciation for that !!!

This week again a 'simple' pattern...yes for the moment there is no longer 'stretching my limits' (don't know why...and thus YOU have to do it with this sort of flies)...

I opted for giving this pattern from COLIN INNES his site a 'shot' (methink that only BOB FRANDSEN - my cabinmate - passioned this pattern with LOVE already overhere hhahahahaha)

The "WINNIE" seems to be a pattern who made partly deal with the DRUM family - or at least is related...togheter with the "IRVINE".........sooooooooo a fly for the ABERDEEN shire rivers and the DEE in particular..

but but but as those DRUM family (who are all tied on longer hooks) ...I didn't went up that 'ladder' using a long hook...but prefered to tie and bring it more normal.   Used a nice  antique 1/0 hook ...and I mentioned in my title above it is a variant for reason I went for putting on a TOPPING ...wich the 'real' "WINNIE" doesn't had !!!!!!

Wasn't pleased at all with my first 'one' (some who have realy good eyes will perhaps spot something faulty hahahahahhaha - no not yet realy my ultra bad topping I putted on ...but something different)....

And sooooooooo I couldn't other than tie a SECOND one...a second shot (ask my enemy of the heart DD...but I even don't come drunk yet  from a second shot of whisky or whiskey hahahahahhaa soooooo)

On both flies throath is perhaps looking to heafty for some...but I don't mind that...(ah one  red GP breast feather is showing so weak most of the times)

Enough burbled for 'today'...ENJOY AND LOVE YOU ALL

Geert

PS...it will be around EASTER when YOU see another salmon fly by me...we are heading to Belgium wensday coming...and when we come back we will have two 'young kids' who want to deal a part of their Eastern school holiday with their grandparents (euh me and Nathalie) soooooooooooooooooo I ask for some patience in the form of a week or two...still will respond ofcourse to the inputs

Attached Files

Voted Sexiest Fly Tyer for 2013

#2 Gordon van der Spuy

Gordon van der Spuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

Love them!!!!! G

#3 jimmy10

jimmy10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

Ok Geert, lovely flies as per usual,!!a bit short on I.C.in the tail on one,and of course a nit-picker,- J.C. short compared to the 2nd one.!!! Smarten up 'old guy'.!!

Jimmy.

#4 arkle

arkle

arkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

If that doesn't catch, there's no fish there. I love the sprig of teal in the tail.

#5 Honyuk96

Honyuk96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

No nit picking from me Geert. Cool flies and wishing you safe travels. Matt

#6 Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Classic Salmon Fly Tyer

Just living the dream....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

Love your flies as always my friend. WOW...1/0 hooks. Rather large for you eh? wink.png

Petri Heil,

George

"I've spent many days on the golf course and said I should have gone fishing.

But I've NEVER been on a trout stream or Atlantic Salmon river and said I should have played golf." - Me

#7 Ronn Lucas

Ronn Lucas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

Very nice little flies Geert!!!

Happy Trails!
Ronn

My Website
http://www.ronnlucassr.com/
APPLE FRITTER BANDIT

#8 christophe chadeau

christophe chadeau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

Wonderful flies, i like the appearance of your flies. Really good work as always!

Christophe

#9 Charleyb

Charleyb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:21 AM

I really like those two little beautys. Just like fish, one is cool, two way cooler! Hats off, i like em a lot!

#10 FranceFly

FranceFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

Beautiful little flies Geert ! incredible job !

All the best,

Bruno

#11 sky-pilot

sky-pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

Lovely smallies Geert.
All the best

Kjell-Ove